Natalie vs. Genetics
Here's the thing, I am destined to have a full head of white hair by the time I am 35. I have known this for quite some time. My senior year in high school, I started finding these rogue white hairs. That's right, white. Snow white & wirey as ever.
My Grandpa, each of his siblings, my Aunts, several of my Dad's cousins all. have. white. hair. I'm talking a full head of white hair. And its not something that comes when they are like 50 or older. Oh no, everyone keeps telling me that my Grandpa had a full head of white hair when he was 35. He also had 5 kids by that time (I'd like to attribute some of white hair to that - especially him parenting my Dad). Anywho...
Mine is getting worse each day it seems. I'd like to blame some of the increase on this crap-fest of a Spring I've had mentally & physically. But, I know that would just be placing blame where it doesn't belong. The blame is solely resting on the shoulders of my DNA.
So here I am fighting the epic battle against genetics. For years now, I have dyed my hair or had it highlighted trying to conceal it. I jokingly tell Jarrett that I am going to be his silver fox & he is going to love it. I am just going to let it go & embrace the white hair. Somehow, I don't want to just yet. I'd like to wait until I am 40 at least. Then it won't hurt quite as bad.
Frankly, Loreal & Nice & Easy just ain't cutting it anymore. I dye it out of a box & within the week all of the white hairs are back. They are persistent, they don't want to conform. And when they come back, they each bring a few buddies with them from the other side. I can tell, they are all come with me, it's fun being white & getting on Natalie's nerves. She will seek you in the mirror numerous times a day. (it should also be known that I said that in my head with some kind of accent - the white hairs are funny little guys.)
I have decided, the lighter I go, the easier they will be to mask. I dyed my hair medium ash blonde - according to nice & easy. Its ok, but I think its a little flat - especially for summer. So Wednesday night I am going to get blonde highlights. I figure, why not. Jarrett always jokes that he likes blondes. I guess I will see if blondes really do have more fun.
Maybe now I will actually look like either of my siblings. It must be horrible to have been born with beautiful straight blonde hair, I'm talking to you Sarah & Tim. What a curse! I always envied their hair - no frizz, no crazy waves, not mousey brown. There's not much I can do but embrace the waves & try to prevent the frizzy 'fros that tend to come with summer. Oh, but I will be blonde.
Pictures to follow. I will be like The New Jan Brady - except I won't be wearing a short black curly wig. So maybe not exactly like The New Jan Brady. The white hairs are effecting my thinking too...
Here's the thing, I am destined to have a full head of white hair by the time I am 35. I have known this for quite some time. My senior year in high school, I started finding these rogue white hairs. That's right, white. Snow white & wirey as ever.
My Grandpa, each of his siblings, my Aunts, several of my Dad's cousins all. have. white. hair. I'm talking a full head of white hair. And its not something that comes when they are like 50 or older. Oh no, everyone keeps telling me that my Grandpa had a full head of white hair when he was 35. He also had 5 kids by that time (I'd like to attribute some of white hair to that - especially him parenting my Dad). Anywho...
Mine is getting worse each day it seems. I'd like to blame some of the increase on this crap-fest of a Spring I've had mentally & physically. But, I know that would just be placing blame where it doesn't belong. The blame is solely resting on the shoulders of my DNA.
So here I am fighting the epic battle against genetics. For years now, I have dyed my hair or had it highlighted trying to conceal it. I jokingly tell Jarrett that I am going to be his silver fox & he is going to love it. I am just going to let it go & embrace the white hair. Somehow, I don't want to just yet. I'd like to wait until I am 40 at least. Then it won't hurt quite as bad.
Frankly, Loreal & Nice & Easy just ain't cutting it anymore. I dye it out of a box & within the week all of the white hairs are back. They are persistent, they don't want to conform. And when they come back, they each bring a few buddies with them from the other side. I can tell, they are all come with me, it's fun being white & getting on Natalie's nerves. She will seek you in the mirror numerous times a day. (it should also be known that I said that in my head with some kind of accent - the white hairs are funny little guys.)
I have decided, the lighter I go, the easier they will be to mask. I dyed my hair medium ash blonde - according to nice & easy. Its ok, but I think its a little flat - especially for summer. So Wednesday night I am going to get blonde highlights. I figure, why not. Jarrett always jokes that he likes blondes. I guess I will see if blondes really do have more fun.
Maybe now I will actually look like either of my siblings. It must be horrible to have been born with beautiful straight blonde hair, I'm talking to you Sarah & Tim. What a curse! I always envied their hair - no frizz, no crazy waves, not mousey brown. There's not much I can do but embrace the waves & try to prevent the frizzy 'fros that tend to come with summer. Oh, but I will be blonde.
Pictures to follow. I will be like The New Jan Brady - except I won't be wearing a short black curly wig. So maybe not exactly like The New Jan Brady. The white hairs are effecting my thinking too...

1 comment:
OMG! You have me laughing!!! I love your humor.
Can't wait to see new do pics.
Post a Comment