Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dentist & Pre-School Screening

Tuesday was a busy day for us. I had the day off work -- YIPEE!!! Nothing better than having a day off & getting to spend it with my girls.

Olivia had a dentist appointment. Yay for no cavities! Dr. England said she looked "perfect" - it's always great to be told by a Dr. that you have done well with your children. She got her picture taken & it is proudly displayed up on the "wall of smiles".

Rachel had her pre-school screening. I tell you what, if kids can find a way to make you a liar they will do it. I was concerned about her being shy & not talking to the teachers. But let me tell you, that was so not the case. My Rachel was a little social butterfly talking to anyone & everyone that would listen. She counted to 10. She cut with scissors. She did everything they asked her to do. The teacher told me "she's a young 3" - I knew that already. And for her age, she is doing everything that she is supposed to be doing. Yay for no concerns! Bottom line: we won't send her to school in the fall even if she does qualify for the public school program. She will still be 3 at the start of the school year. That would just be too much.

We came home and made cookies. They actually turned out good. I owe part of the thanks to my BFF Haley - she gave me some baking advice that actually worked. And contrary to what my husband says, I baked them with love - not the typical bitterness & hate that he says I bake with. Haha!

All & all, a good day.

No comments: