I know you must be pretty excited & proud of yourself. After all, you are the "go-to" as far as any occasion: Birthdays {check}, Weddings {check}, Anniversaries {check}, Sympathy Offerings {check}, We will Miss You {check}, and all holidays {check}. I get it. You are the one major greeting card company.
However, while perusing the Valentine cards at the good ol' Walgreens, I found a card that I loved for Jarrett. It was a little mushy, but said exactly what I wanted to say. $6. Really, $6. I'm not saying that my husband of over 8 years is not worth a $6 card. I'm just saying $6 is a little steep for a card that a man will not keep & cherish. Let's face it. He will do the Kevin James routine of acting like he is reading it, nod & then smile, then he will toss it in the trash.
So, I'm sorry, Hallmark. I couldn't bring myself to buy the $6 card. I went with one of your funny Shoebox cards $2. I figure he will get more enjoyment out of a fart reference than a velvety heart anyway. And I don't spend the cost of a lunch. Win Win.
Sincerely,
No comments:
Post a Comment