Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Husband is 30...

Ask my Bestie, I have been trying to wrap my mind around that simple statement for about a month now. 30...Really, Jarrett you are 30 today?!

By the way...Happy Birthday, Jarrett!!

Anyway, back to me...my husband is 30. I don't know how close you all are to 30, but 30 used to seem SO old to me & I am not kidding. I remember being in high school & seeing random people, and just thinking about how old I thought they were. And they were only 30. At this point in my life, I don't even think my parents are old & they are 50 & 52 respectfully.

But am I really married to a 30 year old? That really snuck up on me. It makes me seem old, don't you think? Don't answer that. Does it make me feel old? Not a bit. It just sounds weird. I don't feel like I am rapidly approaching 30 or that Jarrett should be turning 30 today. Weren't we just 21??Where does the time go??

Maybe I should put a little bit about the birthday boy in here...


Dearest Jarrett,

Happy 30th Birthday!! I have been so blessed to watch you grow from the boy I fell in love with 10 years ago, into the man you are today. You are a terrific provider for our family. You are a wonderful & loving father to our two little girls.

Although I joke that we have run out of things to talk about {and I am referencing our discussion on how to properly pronounce the word "pajamas", here} I still love to talk to you. You are funny. You have an infectious laugh. You are incredibly passionate about all of the things you love. You make me happy.

I wish you the very happiest of birthdays, even though it freaks me out to say "my husband is 30".

All my love,

No comments: