Saturday, December 18, 2010

Here Comes Santa Claus & fear for Rachel

We made a trip to the Square in Clinton to visit the big jolly guy. Both of the girls were super excited. I was really hoping this year's visit would go better than last year.

Last year, Rachel was not a fan of Santa in person. She sorta screamed her head off, and was reaching & grabbing for me. Yep, she was "that kid". I can't say I blame her though. It has to be frightening for a 2 year-old to be thrust onto a person's lap who they don't know. And then have your parents just walk back a ways to take your picture. She's young. She just doesn't get it.

Olivia, on the other hand, totally gets it. And she was so excited.



While we waited, Rachel played in the snow & gave me her best smile. And she was cracking me up! She kept yelling, "Santa in da house!" I recorded her saying it on my phone so I could play it for Jarrett. We were both rolling. That girl is crazy!






When it was our turn, Olivia didn't waste anytime. She immediately told Santa she wanted a puppy. I was out of her line of sight & gave Santa the high sign that he should steer her another direction. And he didn't disappoint...I love Santa. He promptly said, "How about a stuffed animal puppy, or one of those pillow pets? I love making those." YAY Santa! Olivia was completely sold on the idea of a puppy pillow pet.


And my little Rachel...Ever so shy & meek. She kept a safe distance the entire time we were in his little house. She stood as far away from Santa as humanly possible. And she let out a blood curdling scream when Olivia tried to drag her from her corner to Santa's lap. Rachel, still not wanting to be slighted come Christmas day, managed to shout that she wanted a Dora doll for Christmas.


Outside of Santa's little house, she went on to tell me how frightening this experience was for her.




So there we have it. Merry Christmas! And Santa, sorry about that scream. The ringing in your ears will stop in about 20 minutes or so. HA!


No comments: