Friday, December 24, 2010

Ho Ho Homeless Gingerbread Men

Olivia was so excited to decorate the gingerbread house this year. So excited! I typically buy the kit with the already constructed house. (Note to self: continue to buy the already constructed house.) Instead, I got a wild hair up my arse & decided that we would do the one that you put together.

It started off great. See smiley girl.


I'm pretty proud of my general craftiness. I can make lots of things. I have oodles of patience when it comes to projects. Here she is...setting up. The directions said to let it set for 15 minutes. I guess 15 is the magic number of minutes it takes for that dry-wall mud icing to solidify.


I should have known things were going amiss when the roof started giving a little when we were icing the top. Soon enough, it looked like this. I tried to do a quick patch job repairing & re-icing the side that was slipping. I convinced the girls that we should let it set some more since we already had it pretty much decorated to their liking.


I leave the room for a minute. Oh the screams of anguish that came from Olivia for it was her side of the roof that fell completely off. Soon enough, the whole thing was in shambles completely collapsed.


Those poor gingerbread men. Maybe we should add this to the list of things I am not so good at.


No comments: