Wednesday, August 25, 2010

jump - quotes - moving on

We all need a little bit of silly every now & then.

And this picture is nothing but fun. Oh, and it proves, that I am vertically challenged in every way possible! I promise you, that I did in fact jump. Gravity was working though & I came back down before the picture was snapped. HA!

My sister on the other hand (second from left) doesn't even look like it's any effort for her to jump. Brad & Tim (that's me between them) both have the same jumping method. Jarrett (on the right end) looks hysterically funny.




***************************

Olivia told me the other night, "If I don't get into the bathroom right now, there is going to be a situation" -- so funny!

***************************

On the way home from picking the girls up yesterday, a car honked in the distance. Rachel immediately yelled "HI" out the window. I jokingly asked her who that was & she said "My boyfriend, my Owen" -- Really Rachel. You are too much sometimes.

***************************

Are you as tired of hearing me say that I want to lose weight as I am of saying it? You probably aren't as tired of it as Jarrett is. Poor guy catches the brunt of it. (I figure that is part of his husbandly duties, right?) He has a tendency to be extremely impatient, but when it comes to me being wishy-washy & down on myself he has the patience of a saint. He reassures me. He loves me, no matter what. He is, overall, a pretty good guy.

I have decided, I have been down on myself too long. I am going to be happy with me, no matter what - if Jarrett can, then so can I.

I'm done putting myself down. I'm done making excuses. I'm done being the person I don't want to be. I am making it a point to be happy.

I'd like to blame this extra poundage on stress & the grief buffet that ensued when my Grandpa was very ill & then passed. But let's face I can only blame the last 10 pounds or so on that. The rest is all me -- laziness & poor choices.

I have started anew. I have brought my lunch each day this week. I have been drinking a ton of water! I have been making better choices (aka - no McDonalds). I have been controlling my portion sizes better. I am starting to move. This lovely stretch of weather has been a great time for me to get out & take walks. The family joined me for 1, and I took 2 by myself.

I'm doing it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jarrett looks like he has been tazed or something bahahahhaa!! And I got some mad ups!! booyah!