Friday, August 20, 2010

Holy First Day of School, Batman!

Can you even believe it is the the first day of school already?!?! How on earth did the summer go by so fast? Luckily, I have the day off of work to escort my now 1st Grader {sniffle sniffle} off to her 1st day of the school year. Wish me luck.

I am feeling far less emotional about this 1st day then I have been the last 2 years. I feel the reason for this is 2-fold. #1 - pre-school was her very first time going to school. I was blubbering mess. #2 - kindergarten was all day school. I was worried about a big adjustment for her. This year, 1st Grade - piece of cake. I may still get a little misty eyed when the bus picks her up Monday morning. We shall see when the time comes.

I still need to find something to do with my crazy 2 year old while I am taking Liv to school & helping her carry in all of those fabulous school supplies. I should probably get on the horn about that...

If the day goes as smoothly as I have it planned out in my head, I will be one happy lady. I have envisioned a very easy wake up & get ready for Miss Livie. Take no less than 20 pictures of her on the 1st day of school. Then shuffle Miss Rachey Girl off somewhere for about 10 minutes while I take Liv in. Then the morning with just me & Rachel. Then pick Liv up from school. Lunch of some sorts. Home to wait for Jarrett to arrive. Then off to the State Fair for all 4 of us.

Of course, pictures to come. I'm filled with excitement & pride for Olivia. She is going to have fun in 1st Grade. She will, no doubt, excel & do very well in her school work. And she is a very lucky little girl - her BFF Katie is in her class again this year.

Well, I better go - time to rally the troops!


No comments: