Thursday, August 12, 2010

bet you start singing the song :)

Weeeeeee are the Champions, my friends


and weeeeeeeee'll keep on fiiiiighting til the end



yes we are the champions, we are the champions



no time for losin, cause we are the champions...of the woooooorld




Ladies & Gentlemen, a round of applause for the 2010 Lincoln Park District Women's Slow Pitch Champions....

STURGEON'S WOODWORKING!!!!!


{the crowd goes wild}

And I don't think I have to say this, but I will...we not only won - we really really won. In fact, I'm embarrassed for the teams we faced ;) Well, that's not entirely true (just partially true). We had a lot of fun this year, just like every year. Some of us (namely the Sturgeon girls) take competition very seriously.

I struck out in the final game of the tournament {hangs head in shame}. But I followed it up with the best hit of my slow pitch career! ha!!! So I guess I didn't have to throw my glove & cleats in the garbage can on my way out of the park {wink, Dad}.

Here is where I will get a little mushy...

My Grandparents have always been faithful supporters of all of our sporting events from like Kindergarten through present. This year my Grandpa was too ill to attend any of the games. He passed away in the very early morning of the last night of the tournament. I am willing to bet my paycheck that he was watching us from Heaven & routing us on. We did it Grandpa! And we saved the best game of our season for you to see!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He was probably wanting 30 runs like Shae was!! haha He told me he wanted to see us play really bad and he did!! I kinda felt bad for the other team for like a second then not so much. I could almost hear him laughing about the 'old fashion one' we laid on them!!