Friday, March 5, 2010

a little thing called WILL-POWER

Generally speaking, I think I seriously lack all kinds of will-power. But today, for some strange reason, I am doing quite well.

I have successfully walked by 2 ginormous cakes & several coolers full of pop. And I have only stopped to smell the thick chocolate frosting. I haven't tasted any.

For lunch, my BFF LAURA and I went to Subway. Chicken breast on wheat bread with apples...that's right apples. I walked right by the delicous cool ranch dorritos & went for the apples. That is definitely saying a lot, especially for me. Chips are my weakness. 35 calories for apples vs. 250 for chips = I WIN!!! Apples are also a "filling food" according to Chub Club. Ask me in about 2 hours how full I feel though, HA!

Plus, I have also been able to avoid all Girl Scout cookies. (Wow, my mouth just started watering.) Anyway, I ordered 3 boxes of cookies but they all remain unopened thus far. Some of my peeps at work even have opened boxes out for the taking. "Here have a cookie." No thanks has been my response today. WOW!

Now, the true test will be tomorrow at weigh in number 2. After my first official week as an active member of the Chub Club, I feel somewhat confidant. Keep your fingers crossed for me, just in case!

No comments: