Monday, March 22, 2010

The Girls' Room

Whew! {that was a sigh of relief}


Sunday, I changed this (obviously this is very much a before picture - notice the strategic placement of every single piece of crap that Olivia & Rachel own)


into this.


And the girls now sleep here.


(you know, as opposed to Olivia in her twin bed & Rachel on her crib mattress on the floor.)



And thanks to Jarrett's Dad for making this toybox which was painted by Jarrett's Mom. Very nice, huh?! I love it!




I can't take very much of the credit for their bedroom transformation. My Mom & Dad bought & delivered the new mattresses. Jarrett's Mom & Dad painted his old bunkbeds. All I did was tell Jarrett to set them up Sunday. Oh yeah, and I moved Olivia's old bed out & found enough toys to keep a family with 10 children occupied for days & days. Under that bed was a black-hole. Not very nice...no pictures of that monstrosity.

The first night of sleeping in their new beds went so well. I am sure I am jinxing the crap out of myself to even say it. I am amazed at how well it went. My lil' Rachel fears change, but we told her that she is a big girl. I think the little piece of coaxing that made her actually sleep there all night was a reminder that she would be just like Andrew (you know, one of those little crazy Brownies.) She surprised us both by sleeping there all night. And this morning she declared to me that "I big girl". Yes you are Rachey, yes you are! Olivia did just as well. Each is already unbelievably territorial. "This is my bed" "No Sissy". Luckily, Rachel can't scale the ladder to the top bunk yet.


Granted, the bedroom still needs some work. General fine tuning & finding places for everything. But this is a step in the right direction.




No comments: