But the girls, in particular Olivia, LOVE it. "Snow! It's snowing, it's snowing" - was the wake up call I recieved on Sunday. Olivia was thrilled to pieces.
Olivia: "I wanna go play, I wanna go play, I wanna go play!"
Me: "It's 6:30 am...let's wait a lil bit to let it warm up a bit."
a half hour later
Olivia: "It's later, I bet it's nice out."
Me: "ummm, I need to wake up a lil bit more."
Repeat about 4 or 5 times...
And since my boyfriend's football game got delayed due to all of the snow in the Baltimore area, we suited up & went outside.
One liked it...One didn't.
Rachel spent the next 2 hours walking around the house in her coat & snow pants because they were "peety" and "niiice". And upon each attempt to get her out of them she said "No, Mama. I peeety". So, what difference does it make if I let the 2 year old run around the house still fully clothed in winter gear that she played outside in for a mere 15 minutes.
...........................................................
Let's talk a minute about snow. It's pretty, it's nice to look at. I always, always, always will want a White Christmas. It's perfect, I think snow just "goes" with Christmas. However, anytime after December 25th, I don't enjoy snow. If I were staying home all the time, if it was perfect snowman/snowball snow, I would love it. However, the idea of driving in snow causes a near panic attack. It's a white knuckle ride anywhere we go.
I will say, that I cannot wait to take the girls sledding at my Grandma & Grandpa's once we get enough snow. That is always fun...no matter how old I get. There is just something about sledding that makes me feel like I am 5 years old myself. Maybe, it will be a white Christmas & we can take the kids sledding somewhere this coming weekend.
I will say, that I cannot wait to take the girls sledding at my Grandma & Grandpa's once we get enough snow. That is always fun...no matter how old I get. There is just something about sledding that makes me feel like I am 5 years old myself. Maybe, it will be a white Christmas & we can take the kids sledding somewhere this coming weekend.
"SNOW. SNOW. SNOW. SNOW...it won't be long until we are there with SNOOOOOW." I love the movie White Christmas, by the way. It's my favorite of all time.






No comments:
Post a Comment