But have no fear, every summer we swim in Grandma & Grandpa's pool! And up until this year Olivia will not touch the water without her back-pack on. I think I tried it last year & she sunk like a stone. I digress...Last weekend we were there for lunch & a dip so I took Olivia's back-pack off. For the first couple of minutes, she screamed & threw a fit all while swimming perfectly with no back-pack. She was doing it - actually swimming on her own! I am so proud of her.
After she noticed that she was the center of attention & getting applause, she voluntarily took her back-pack off herself to demonstrate her new found abilities! I LOVE THIS GIRL! She did so well & we are all proud of her.

"wait a minute Mom, are you sure I have to do this without my back-pack"

"maybe I can do this, I just have to get to where Mom is & she will give me the back-pack"

"Mom, you have my back-pack in your hands just give it back to me"

"well, if you won't help me, I will swim to the ladder unassisted"

"Hey, are you clapping & jumping up & down cheering because I can swim??? Well then alright, if I must, I will cheese it up for the camera Grandma"
Rachel on the other hand, was not as sure about the whole swimming thing. But we are a far cry from last year. This time last year, she was like throwing a cat into the water. She was in for a little while with us, but grew restless. She was happier on the deck enjoying the scenery.

"For real Mom, I have to take my Nuk out to swim???"


No comments:
Post a Comment