Monday, December 19, 2011

I won't do this next year

The presents are wrapped & under the tree. This has been the case each year. I wrap & put them under the tree as I go. The girls each have about 10 presents under the tree, as of yesterday.

This is a mistake. I don't remember ever hearing so much whining about not being able to open the presents. They are there, the girls see them. The girls pick them up. The girls cannot handle the anticipation. Next year, no gifts under the tree until Christmas Eve night.

I don't know if I will be able to hold out the entire week listening to the same question over & over & over again. "Please, can we open a present?" No you may not. Then the other one asks, because obviously I will say yes to the other. And alternate this pretty much every hour on the hour during waking hours at home. {lather rinse repeat}

Olivia says, "Please please please let me open 1 gift before Christmas. I will sleep right here on the fireplace bricks until you let me open a present." I say, "let me grab you a blanket & pillow. Don't roll over because if you fall off there you will smack your face on the hardwood floors. Goodnight." Because, I'm a mean mom like that.

And the questions the presents bring about, "Mama, pleeeeeeeeze tell me what diss one is for Sissy?" Nope, you can't keep secrets. "Maaaaa-aaaahm, tell me what this one is for Rachel? Why is it the biggest one under the tree for her?" Nope, you can't keep secrets either. And size doesn't matter, maybe it's a big box with something little in it because I'm sneaky like that.

Anywho...Merry Christmas!

No comments: