Wednesday, December 21, 2011

baking ain't my thang

Olivia signed me up to bring a "baked treat" for her class Christmas party. Well, I don't have a very good track record. My cakes always turn out flat. My cookies also flat & hard as a rock. Jarrett says, do you want me to make something? He's the baker in the family. I admit this. But he was very snide when he asked, and I know he was just asking to be funny. So I tried my hand at some brownies. They turned out wonderful. I know, because I had to test them. I can't send brownies for a class full of 2nd graders without testing to make sure they are descent & not poisonous.

Here they are all bagged up in little individual treat bags.

I'm hoping for a good report from my favorite 2nd grader when I see her this evening.

No comments: