Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break Get-Away

** Disclaimer: LOTS OF PICTURES TO FOLLOW **


Spring Break {sigh}...


Olivia had Spring Break last week, Jarrett was off work for Good Friday, so I took the day off also. We decided to load up the family & go to St. Louis for the weekend. We got a bit of a late start on Friday, Rachel had a bit of a stomach bug Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday - we delayed the trip by a couple of hours. Rachey was feeling much better by later Friday morning so off we went.


Jarrett drove...he likes the control & it's his profession. I hate to drive, so it works out well.
I was really really excited to be getting out of our house & away from every day life for just a couple of days.
The kids slept...Good thing too. Olivia had a sleep-over with the Brownies on Thursday night, I imagine she needed some more rest. Rachel needed sleep to help her get her strength & spunk back. It worked.
Our time at the zoo was shorter than we had originally planned. But as it turns out, we amazingly weren't the only family with plans to go to the zoo on Good Friday. It was packed! The weather was gorgeous 75 sunny with a slight breeze - absolutely wonderful.


We enjoyed some good quality family time. We saw all of our favorite animals. The girls did great & had lots of fun.
















Staying at a hotel is probably one of my favorite things to do. I love it, don't know why really - I just do. Olivia loves it too. It was nothing too spectacular. A Super 8 - which is probably my favorite to stay at. It's cheap, serves it purpose, & had a swimming pool. This Super 8 showed me that Olivia is happy with what we have. We walk into the lobby - I am sure you all have been in a Super 8 - nothing fancy...fake flower arrangements galore, maroon carpeting, a nice stairway up to the 2nd floor. Olivia was in awe, "This hotel is soooooo beautiful and nice!" haha! I love that kid.

Jarrett loves staying hotels too. But I think that is because we can get pizza delivered right the room. Monicals & Pizza Hut don't deliver out to our neck of the woods at home. Rachel, I can't decide if she was a fan of the hotel or not. She kept saying "I wan go home, go home go home go home" but then the next second she was jumping laughing & playing.

My Mom & Dad got the girls new swimsuits for Easter. We put them to good use.

Olivia getting so tall...soon she will pass me by. She is already to my chest level. (that ain't saying much since I am 5'2" - but come on already she is 5 & growing up too fast.)
Rachel looked gansta in her new hat from Grandma & Grandpa, backwards & kicked to the side.

Both of these, because you can't get a good one of both of them.
Olivia is a really good swimmer. She has improved quite a bit from last year. And she didn't need her back-pack (that I forgot at home) anyway.
The girls enjoyed the hot tub, yes I know it's not for kids. The rules were clearly displayed "Not for children under 17" rules, schmules. It was a vacay & they had fun.

This is what Rachel called "simming" She had a blast just kickin her feet in the water.
She's quite a beauty.

Or a grouch...depends on the moment.


The Totten family first road trip of 2010 was a success. I came home exhausted & felt like a needed another day off just to rest, alas - there is no rest for the wicked mother of 2 kids! It was a great time, and I can't wait to do it all over again!

No comments: