Friday, April 23, 2010

some random updates

These girls are my two favorite people in the whole entire world.





I don't think they understand yet how much they mean to me. And I don't think they will, until they have kids of their own. Of course, I make it a point to tell them each & every day that I love them more than they know. Anywho...just feeling a little sentimental.

Onto some random things...
  • Tomorrow is my friend Jessica's wedding. We were BFFs in Jr High, don't ya know. And I am really happy for her. Too bad it is supposed to rain. I guess that will be ironic, at least it is according to Alanis - "it's like raaaaaaaiiiiiiiiaaaaaan on your wedding day" although I never really understood what that was all about.

  • Sunday is my cousin Jennifer's baby shower. I am really excited for them! It is going to be great fun. Hilary and I are in charge of games. (that is more of a note to myself to remember to bring all of the stuff on Sunday!)

  • I got to see Keller today. And I cannot believe how big he has gotten since the last time I saw him in person. He even blew me some smoochies, ok so he did that to almost everyone, but I think he actually meant it when he blew me kisses! He loves me!

  • Keller's mom, aka: my BFF Laura, and I have vowed to get back on the Chub Club wagon. Although, we both are cheap & don't want to spend the money each week, we both agree that the Chub Club's plan actually works.

  • I split the inseam of my favorite jeans yesterday. And that was the final push I needed to get SUPER SERIOUS about weight loss. I feel like I need to further clarify...these jeans have seen better days. I knew it was coming, but I have been in denial. I don't want to buy clothes for the size I am now. So, I thought I would wear them until the bitter end. And last night, when I squatted down to get the wipes to change Rachel, it happened. DUN DUN DUN - rrrrrrrrip. Awesome. I guess denim can only withstand so much friction from my thighs! ha!

  • Since I am super serious this time, I did something I don't normally do. I am sure you all have heard about them in some way shape or form. Well, I did it. I ordered Acai Optimum, this claims to boost metabolism, burn calories, etc. I will give it a go - 30 day supply for only $3 (s/h). I also got Advanced Cleanse, this is supposed to detoxify my system & help me digest food better, also $3 (s/h). Today is day 1. So we will see what happens. I am a skeptic. But I read a lot about these products before I decided to do it. There is a very good article right here. It's all herbal stuff, nothing that causes crazy heart rates, etc.

  • I have been doing so-so with losing weight. And by so-so, I mean I do extra good & lose like 4 pounds in a week. But then I go out to eat & basically gain it all back. I will say this, at least I enjoyed my big calorie splurge of a dinner at the Burger Barge this week! YUMMMM, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

  • Speaking of the Burger Barge, almost all of the ladies in my family went there Wednesday night. We were celebrating my Aunt Diana's 50th birthday! There was good greasy food & lots of laughs.

  • We are going to dinner tonight at my in-laws. Jarrett's grandmother is visiting from Connecticut, and the girls just love her. I just think it is so cool that my kids have great-grandparents. They have 3 great-grandmother's and 1 great-grandpa. I never had living great-grandparents. It's awesome to see them with the girls.

That's about it for now...

No comments: