Can we get a puppy, pleeeeeeeeeease?
No {a very firm, ain't gonna happen in a looooong time kinda no}
Can we get a kitten, pleeeeeeeeease?
No {another very firm, ain't gonna happen EVER because Mama don't like cats kinda no}
I wouldn't be as lonely, if I had a pet for inside.
Sorry, our house is too small. {I feel myself weakening}
Pleeeeeeeease, Mommy {insert inconsolable 5 year old emotional girl sobbing complete with quivering lip & crazy crying breathing - you know the one} Don't you want me to be happy?
Of course {thinking to myself - well, crap. That girl already knows how to work me.}
The result, a compromise. I surprised Olivia Tuesday night by bringing her home her very own indoor pet.
I present to you, Terrence Wilson Totten - pretty big name for a beta. Ha! But Olivia named him herself. Pretty good job, huh. Doesn't Olivia look happy? Not too shabby of an outcome for her 2nd official guilt trip (that's my girl!)
No {a very firm, ain't gonna happen in a looooong time kinda no}
Can we get a kitten, pleeeeeeeeease?
No {another very firm, ain't gonna happen EVER because Mama don't like cats kinda no}
I wouldn't be as lonely, if I had a pet for inside.
Sorry, our house is too small. {I feel myself weakening}
Pleeeeeeeease, Mommy {insert inconsolable 5 year old emotional girl sobbing complete with quivering lip & crazy crying breathing - you know the one} Don't you want me to be happy?
Of course {thinking to myself - well, crap. That girl already knows how to work me.}
The result, a compromise. I surprised Olivia Tuesday night by bringing her home her very own indoor pet.
I present to you, Terrence Wilson Totten - pretty big name for a beta. Ha! But Olivia named him herself. Pretty good job, huh. Doesn't Olivia look happy? Not too shabby of an outcome for her 2nd official guilt trip (that's my girl!)



No comments:
Post a Comment