Thursday, April 11, 2013

Weekend o' Fun

This weekend was exactly what I needed.
 
Saturday, I got all gussied up for my cousin Derek's wedding. Zebra dress that Jar deemed "too loud for a wedding" is what I wore.
 
not really sure what I am looking at, but this pic was taken for Amber so she could see my dress prior to the wedding.
 
Jarrett got all fancy like too.
my arm looks super huge at this angle, thanks to our very short 5 yr old photographer. I need a taller photographer.
 
The wedding & reception were in Champaign - sans children. It was, without a doubt, one of the most entertaining ceremonies, ever.
 
Derek & Megan wrote their own vows. When we were to the point in the ceremony to exchange their vows, the minister realized he didn't have them with him. He said "this have never happened before. you aren't going to believe this. I'll be right back". He straight up left the sanctuary, and went to his office to retrieve the vows. All the while, remaining mic'ed up. I might go to hell for this, but I was really really hoping he would say something like "where the hell are they?" or "son of a bitch, they were right here". But no such luck. Just some heavy breathing. Found out he had to go outside & into a different building to get to his office.
 
Here is what we all did while the minister was gone. See everyone in the bridal party laughing. And I wasn't the only one who took a pic - thanks, Amber.
 
Here are most of the ladies - my cousins & cousin-in-laws.
 
L to R: Ashley, me, Amber, Sarah, April, Kristen, & Hilary
 
The reception was so much fun!

Jar is not impressed with me.
 
There was a dude in a kilt. I saw him at the church...might I add it was like 40 mph wind gusts. So a dude in a kilt is a pretty ballsy move, literally. I creepy text pic'ed him to send to my friends.

 
There was not only delicious cupcakes!!!! But there was ice cream. In fact, it was a full on sundae bar. This is my first of two ice creams of the night.

 
There was a photo booth. BEST.THING.EVER.

Village People Style...We have everything but the construction worker.

Levi had to ask me how to do duck lips.
 Sunday wasn't too shabby either. It was ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS outside! We watched Ellis for Kyle. This 3 kids business was pretty easy.

 
 
 We all went to my Mom & Dad's for Easter a week late. Here are all the kiddos lined up for the hunt.


See, absolutely gorgeous out.
 
I broke out capris & flip flops. LOVE. I even got a little hint of a sunburn on my arms.

 
And see that green grass coming back. FINALLY!!!!
 
This weekend was EXACTLY what I needed. Time with friends. Time with other adults. Dancing. Getting all dressed up. Laughing way too loud. Getting the church laughs -- at a church. Ice cream. Cake. Fun. Sunshine. Vitamin D. Flip flops. Family. Pork chops on the grill. More dancing. Singing. More laughing.
 
Spring is here. And I am so excited.



No comments: