Saturday, March 17, 2012

let's spring it up in this joint

Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas -- all are decorated for in great amounts in my house. Love it! But past January, the snowmen & general wintry decor come down. I feel it leaves the house drab until September when I break out the harvesty fall stuff.

I decided I need to decorate for Spring. What is Springy? Tulips, bunny rabbits, little blue birds, lilacs & anything pastel. Well, that's what I think is springy.

I'm on a mission. And I'm on a budget. Who isn't? $4.09 for a gallon of gas, you feel me?!

So I hit up my favorite budget friendly store -- The Dollar Tree. I also hit up Pier One, not so much on the budget friendly side. But it did give me some good ideas. (and left me envious of the people with hands full of crap.)

Anywho, at the Dollar Tree I found these ugly & quite frankly frightening looking bunny figurines. I bought 2 super ugly albino ones. Red eyes aren't a good look for anyone.






And this cute little brown one.





I painted the albino ones cream. They turned out cute even though they don't have eyes anymore. And they found a home on my hutch.






I also found some ugly little birdies. They were quite sad looking.










They needed spruced up too. I'm seeing this bright blue & bright spring green all over. And by all over I mean at the little craft store in town. Haha. In fact, I almost replicated the $10 little blue birdie they had for sale.










And my new springy mantle is done. My wreath has seen better days. The berries used to be red. I painted them the same blue.





Well, done for now. I'm still thinking I need some flowers. So far, it's springy for the low budget price of $9 bunnies & birdies and 3 $.97 craft paints. Not too shabby.


No comments: