No, Jarrett doesn't think about me every moment of every day. Being fair, I don't think about him every moment of every day either. Why should I expect him to do that for me, if I don't do that for him.
But he does call me or text me when my favorite song is on the radio & I do the same for him. It's just the way we are. No, it isn't perfect. It never will be.
But is it fun? Yes. Does it make me happy more often than sad? Absolutely. Does he rub my stinky feet at the end of a long day? Yes. Does he get me a glass of water when I am laying in bed almost every single night? Yes. Do I listen to & try to learn more about things he is passionate about: politics, trucks, tractors, farming, etc? You bet your sweet ass I do. Do we laugh together? All the time.
Marriage is a work in progress. You plan your wedding for about a year to 6 months, generally speaking. Then you are thrown into marriage. And you have to live with a boy. You know that expression the honeymoon is over? Truer words have never been spoken. News flash: Dating/Courtship relationships are SO MUCH DIFFERENT THAN MARRIAGE.
Marriage = Life. You don't know all the answers. But if you work together, you can have happiness.
And why??? Because we love each other. We love our little family. We often laugh & tease that we are both just making the best of a bad situation. That isn't entirely true, but it kind of is. Marriage ain't no cake-walk. If it was easy, the divorce rate would be much much lower, my friends.
True love for me is defined by actions:
- he fixed my favorite pair of boots with gorilla glue when the heel broke.
- he holds the puke bucket for me & doesn't make any fuss about it.
- he has bought tampons for me.
- he listens, even if he has no clue on earth what I am talking about, he still listens.
- he cares.
- he takes great offense if someone hurts my feelings.
- he cooks dinner.
- he catches me off guard, buying a CD for me & leaving it on the driver's seat.
- he says I am beautiful even if I don't feel beautiful.
- he laughs at me & with me, quite often.
So, that is what I have learned from my almost 10 years of marriage. And Bob Marley ain't no fool. This is so true.
He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect.
But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can.
He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect more than he can give.
Smile when he makes you happy. Yell when he makes you mad. Miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect people don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you!!
Jarrett isn't perfect. But he is perfect for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment