Olivia has been under the weather. Saturday she complained of a headache, ibuprofen it was & she was fine. Sunday she rapidly declined. I know this because she wanted me to hold her...my 5 year old crazy daughter wanted me to hold her. How often does this happen? Ummmm only when she is sick. She had a fever, headache, & a sore throat. She felt pretty crummy all day long.
So yesterday, I took her to the Dr. Nothing like having to prepare my darling, rambunctious little girl for what I was sure was to take place at the Dr. "Olivia, they are going to tickle your throat with a q-tip. You are going to be a brave little girl right?" She was brave before we left the house. And she was still golden while we were waiting to be called back to the exam room. But once we got back in there, she lost it. She said "You always make me do this" while sobbing. This girl has only been to the Dr because she is sick like 5 times total her whole life. So, yes that would mean that I make her do this all the time. One day she will understand...
What was the verdict, you know other than how mean of a mom I am? Strep Throat...nice, huh. We left with amoxicillin - which makes her act all wild & crazy. At least this time, she can say "strep throat" instead of "shrek throat". Maybe you remember that, from almost this exact time last year.

No comments:
Post a Comment