Thursday, February 18, 2010

I HATE LOVE HATE Jillian

Since I constantly forget to post on my Chubby McFatPants Blog, I made the executive decision to combine the two. I plan on just doing it all right here. So without further ado, here is my newest installment of:



Here's the thing about Jillian...I can't decide if I love her or if I hate her.
Today, as I winced when I stepped into the shower because lifting & bending my leg simultaneously hurt immensely - I hated her. When I was washing my hair (which obviously requires lifting my arms up over my head) and I thought my arms just might fall right off my body - I hated her.

Last night, when I successfully completed the whole work out - I loved her. And today when I hurt as much as I did - I loved her. Because it is proof that I actually did something.

Granted, upon completion of Round 1 of the 30 Day Shred I really thought I was going to barf. I have been fighting a slight cold, so picture me doing my lovely asthmatic wheezing. It was wonderful. But, once I caught my breath & got my heart rate down to a normal level - I think that took at least 20 minutes - I felt good. I felt like I had actually took a step in the right direction. I am making progress. I drank 2 glasses of water. And I was pumped for the rest of my night.

Of course, later that night I ate 1 measley little double stuff oreo. Some may say that was rather counter-productive. But at least I didn't eat the whole effing sleeve of oreos with a 1/2 gallon of 2% milk to dunk them in. Everything in moderation...right?

[SIDENOTE: It's so wrong that my mouth is watering thinking about oreos & milk - picture Homer Simpson like drooling with my mouth half open.]

I use food as a source of comfort. I really do. It's sad & pathetic. But I think alot of people probably do that. But, I think recognizing that I actually do use food as a source of comfort is good. When I am sad, I eat. When I am ticked the heck off, I eat. When I am stressed, I eat A. LOT. Now I know what to do to stop that. When I am stressed, I will work out. When I am ticked the heck off, I will work out.

Even though I am not Catholic, I figure this is as good as time as any to get started on this. Yesterday, I decided that I am going to exercise every day until Easter. We will see what happens in 40 days. Hopefully, I will see results. But if I don't it will be my own fault.

I would say it is safe to assume ol' Jillian & I will continue this Love/Hate relationship for the rest of my life. And I will see Jillian again tonight!



No comments: