Pinterest, where have you been all my life?
I have seen mason jars all over the place lately. I have quite a few at home already. I finally decided to complete some of my Pinterest pins. I'm quite pleased.
I bought mason jars at Farm & Fleet because they were on sale. 2 dozen for $4. I wanted them all to match.
My new mason jar soap dispenser.
This one was easy. I am planning on making a few more & maybe giving them as gifts. I will probably make one for my kitchen from one of the bigger ones I have on hand already.
And my next project, turned out to be harder than it should have been because I bought the wrong kind of wood. I bought maple. If you do this, don't buy maple. It's seriously as hard as concrete. I should have bought pine like I always do, but I had a brain fart at Lowes.
This piece is a 1x6 cut to 18 inches.
I spray painted it brown against Jarrett's better judgement - he likes stained wood. I love this Valspar spray paint. It is very good quality and the nozzle doesn't make your hand feel like it is going to break.
He had to drill the holes for me since I bought maple. No pictures of that because I kept saying "do this" "do that" and he had a disgusted look on his face. I would have just done it myself but he said "it's a new drill bit, you will break it."
And to complicate matters, he had to drill a little hole in the back of each of the clamps too. He says "I friggin love Pinterest". I believe the original pin said to glue the clamps onto the board. I think that's dumb. I don't want them falling off. Hello, they are holding up a glass jar in a room where we are primarily sans shoes. Come on.
I pondered the placement/spacing for a bit, but I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I spaced them at 3, 7, 11, & 15 inches. So they are even.
Once we got that all figured out & brought it inside, I was fully prepared to just take it from there. But I ended up having the screw driver slip off the clamp & cut my finger. He said "just let me do it". See how happy he looks.
And the finished product.
That was a rough 20 minutes for Jarrett to help me with a project. In the end, he likes it. Well, I think he likes it. He says "this is what you wanted?" - Yes, yes it is.
That bathroom is coming along.








No comments:
Post a Comment