Olivia, today you are 9 years old. I can't even wrap my head around that. This is your last year in the single digits. I hope you understand how much of a big deal that is to me. Nine. What an awesome age! I hope your 9th year is just as awesome as you are. I remember being 9, and how much fun it was.
LouLou, I hope you realize I will continue to call you LouLou. You turning 9 is a wonderful thing to celebrate! 9 years of having you. 9 years with the most precious gift from God. 9 years of your smiles. 9 years of your laugh. 9 years of your sweet and loving hugs. 9 years of your sass & eyerolling. As you can see, I take the good with the not so good.
Olivia, 9 years ago today my dreams came true. The very first time I held you in my arms, I knew there was nothing better I was going to do with my entire life than that moment. Being a mother is all I have ever wanted to be, and you made that happen for me. Thank you.
For your 9th birthday, I hope you enjoy the day with me. I have special things planned for the 2 of us.
9 Wishes for You on Your 9th Birthday!
- I wish you enjoy this summer! I hope you enjoy your summer camp. I hope you stay up late. I hope you have a campout. I hope you remember the summer your turned 9 for all of the fun times.
- I wish you won't be afraid to laugh really really loud at things you think are funny. My loud laugh embarrasses you, or so you have told me. But don't be afraid to laugh.
- I wish you would realize the rules your Dad & I have set for you are only to make you better. We want you to continue to grow from an awesome child to an awesome adult. Although you don't dig our rules now, you will thank us at some point.
- I wish you will continue to love reading. Seeing you read books or read on your Kindle is one of my very favorite things, ever. I love when you tell me about the books you are reading with such excitement.
- I wish you see how beautiful you are inside and out. True beauty isn't about clothes, hair, etc...it's about the person you are. And you, my LouLou girl, are beautiful.
- I wish you learn to not take yourself too seriously. Have fun. Be silly. Be 9. Be a kid.
- I wish you would not try to grow up too fast. Take your time. Enjoy being 9. You like to say "when I'm a teenager..." that's fine. But don't wish your time as a 9 year old away.
- I wish you would love your hair. Or I wish you would let me brush you hair. You have gorgeous long thick hair. There are about 100 different ways I would do my hair if I had the hair you have. Enjoy it. Wear flowery headbands. Wear it in 10 different ponytails.
- I wish you will always remember, no matter what, you are loved. You make every single day worth living.
Happy 9th Birthday, Olivia Grace! I love you!
~Mama





No comments:
Post a Comment