Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Aaaaaah Mother's Day!
 
 I look forward to Mother's Day every year. I drop hints about what I would like for weeks leading up to it. The gift, however, isn't important to me. What is important are my daughters. And spending relaxing fun time with my girls is what I really want each Mother's Day.
 
The Mother's Day gifts started rolling in late last night. Olivia made me a big card on the whiteboard. If you know me, then you know this is all true. Especially the part about "moving coolnessly". I love it!
 
First thing this morning, I was served breakfast in bed. Complete with a vase full of lilacs, and some leaves from a tree - but it's still wonderful.

 
We headed outside to get some good pictures of me & my girls.
 
Now, I don't know if I am biased or what, but these girls are breathtakingly beautiful.




 
Rachel Claire,
I thank the Lord every day for blessing me with you. You are adorably quirky. You make me so very happy. I love being your Mama! You will forever be my baby.

 
Olivia Grace,
You made me a Mama. You are hysterically funny. You are so much like me, it's a little scary. I am so very thankful for God choosing me to be your Mom. I love you with my whole heart.

 
And here is my Gangnam Style inspired Mother's Day card from Olivia.

We headed to Bloomington to go to a late breakfast/lunch at a place of my choosing. I wanted Cracker Barrel. But evidently, every other mom wanted that too. The wait was going to be an hour. An hour with 2 kids in that little store, I don't think so. If it wasn't a chilly 50 degrees today, we could have sat outside to wait. Honestly, I wanted it to be a good relaxing experience for me. And the girls would have been going insane waiting for our table. So, I made the executive decision to go to a Mexican joint instead. It was delicious. Jarrett & the girls had never been there - I had only been there once before. It was a big hit.
 
Jarrett & the girls got me a gift certificate for a pedicure. I guess he caught the hints I was dropping after all. I am in desperate need of one. And I want to just sit and relax have my feet pampered. My Mom & Dad invited all the kiddos over to their house Tuesday for dinner. I suspected a Mother's Day surprise/project was in the works. But when I questioned them both they stuck to the strory Grandma told them to say "we just played and had dinner". I bet she told them all to say that several times. Here is what Grandma & Grandpa worked on with the girls Tuesday night. Stepping stones. I love them.
 
Jarrett,
You had a little somethin somethin to do with me being a Mama. I love you. Thank you for choosing me for your wife and the mother of your children.



 
I'm winding down this lovely Mother's Day with a bowl of butter pecan ice cream with caramel on top & watching Harry Potter on abc family. Perfection.
 
Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers in this world.


No comments: