Christmas came down. I don't know about you, but I just today got my house restored to pre- Christmas standards. The last box got shuffled on down to the basement mere minutes ago. Nothing like getting things back to normal.
Now, one issue remains. I miss the sparkle. When I was putting away my Christmas stuff away, I found these Valentine's candy boxes. At first, I wondered why on earth I had kept trash for nearly a year. Then I remembered. Duh, I kept them for Valentine's day. I wanted to make a garland or something out of them.
I bought red craft paint. It took 3 coats. The glossy fronts covered much crappier than the backs with the nutrition information. Plus waiting each coat to dry, not my strong suit.

I also bought sparkle paint. Extreme Glitter to be exact. Which just happens to be my new favorite color. Love!

I bought the cheapest ribbon walmart had. And I used the hole punch to string them all up.

I also enlisted the help of one grumpy husband to help me hang it. He got frustrated and decided to put an end to my obsessive compulsive need to have it centered and perfect so he just stapled it to the mantel. It will do for now.
![]() |
| I had to keep a little tree. and sparkley snowflakes on my mirror. |
I'm liking it. I have decided with each season/holiday I need to incorporate sparkle. Now I just need some red lights and heart ornaments for my little tree.

No comments:
Post a Comment