Thursday, June 14, 2012

To Olivia on your 8th Birthday

My Dearest Olivia,

Happy 8th Birthday!!! I was born to be a Mommy. And when you were born, you made that a reality for me. 8 years ago today, we welcomed you into this world with open arms & you had already stolen our hearts before we even knew you were an "Olivia".


From the very first moment I saw you, I thought my heart would burst from the joy & love I hold in my heart for you. You were an absolutely gorgeous baby. Of course, I am not biased at all.


Watching & experiencing you grow into the sassy, beautiful, little spit-fire of a lady you are today has been the greatest joy of my whole life.


Olivia, I am so very proud & honored to be your mother. You make my life complete. And just when I think I couldn't possibly love you more, I always do.

Seeing you accomplish your goals & exceed your own expectations with bowling & dance this year has been so wonderful. My heart is bursting with pride. I didn't do it, but I so badly wanted to shout "That's my girl!" with every little turn & clap, strike & spare.

Having you was the best decision your father & I ever made. You have filled our lives with so much laughter & fun, I honestly cannot remember what I did with my life before I had you. My wish is that you always know how loved, wanted, & cherished you truly are, & I will spend the rest of my life showing you this is true. You are one of my two most prized possessions.

Happy 8th Birthday, Olivia Grace!!!
I love you so very much & hope you have a fantastic year as an 8 year-old!


Love always & forever,
Mama

No comments: