Monday, June 25, 2012

New Jersey Trip - 2012

Back to reality today. We got home yesterday at around 1:00 in the afternoon. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit with Jar's family in New Jersey.

We were there for Jarrett's grandmother's 80th birthday party. It was a surprise party. And it was a surprise to her that we came out for a visit. I wish we could have timed it so that we all got there at the same time, but it was still a good surprise. She cried when Jar's mom & dad got there. Then Jar's brother Kyle came. Then we got there. Then the next day Jar's brother Ryan & his wife Ellen arrived.

I was a little worried about this. Like surprise you have guests staying for a week at your house. But it went great! She was so happy to see the girls.

The girls did a lot of this....

Grammie has a pool in her back yard.

some random pics from our trip...

This sign was new from the last time we were there visiting. The farm is where Jarrett's grandfather "Pap" was born & raised in. This is also where Jarrett's father was raised. Frederick Totten = Jarrett's great-grandfather. The sign is right by the driveway into the farm.


Aaaaah the carousel. Just so much delicousness in there. I think we made a trip there every single day - no counting when we were at the shore. Black & white cookies, pizza, ice cream treats. Yummm.

we did mini-golf one night. and I won! I repeat, I won. only beat Jar by 1 stroke, but still that is a victory!



hands down, best part of our trip - going to the shore! Jarrett's aunt has a beach house in Cape May, New Jersey. beautiful beach & nice quiet little town. no run-ins with the juice-head guidos & guidettes. very very nice & relaxing. it was not without excitement. Jarrett dislocated his shoulder in a boogie board incident. and i saw the grossest thing - he popped it back into the socket on his own. so gross. also, i was recording with my phone a little bit to send to my mom. and i happened to get the whole ordeal on video. my cousin said i have voice over skills on par with Morgan Freeman. bahahaha! Jar says he is glad I can laugh about it now. I agree.

my favorite picture of my 3 favorite people


does Olivia look pissed off to you? well she was. evidently, the waves were more than she could handle & she kept getting knocked down. I told her "that's all part of the experience" & she gave me this look.

Rachel hated the water. Literally like trying to throw a cat into the ocean. But she loved the shells & the sand.

Post shoulder dislocation. He's sad because he has come to the realization that he is no longer 16 years old & cannot do that kind of crap.

Fun in the sun & sand.



attempt at a family picture. I didn't know Olivia was making that face, but I am not surprised in the least.

Olivia loved the beach the 2nd day too. the waves were more calm & she enjoyed it much more.

Rachel still hated the water. She spent a great deal of time in this chair.

who doesn't bury their kids at the beach?



No comments: