Friday, October 7, 2011

so long, tonsils

Olivia's surgery went very well. We arrived at 7:00 am. She was in pre-op for about an hour. They took her back to surgery & sent us to the waiting room at 8:10. At around 8:45 the doctor came & told us everything went great. We were back with her in recovery by 9:00.
Olivia was so anxious to get home after her surgery. She asked everyone that walked by her little bed if it was time for her to go home. After a glass of water & 2 slushies we were out the door. After a quick stop at the pharmacy, we were home by 1:00.

I think Olivia was worried about how her voice would sound after surgery. Her cousin Andrew's voice changed very very drastically. She was very pleased to see, or hear rather, that her voice didn't change much at all. It's a little froggy, but I think that will wear off once she is completely healed.

We are now on day 3 of recovery & from what everyone told me, today & tomorrow will be the worst pain wise because it really starts healing. She is drinking plenty of water. She is eating plenty of fudge pops & ice cream. And she has been eating ramen noodles for every meal. She is really being quite a trooper. I am very proud of my brave tough little girl. I am so thankful & relieved all went well.

Rachel has been very concerned with her "Sissy". She is helping me take very good care of her. Now, I must get back to my patient.

No comments: