On Monday, Olivia brought home her PE shoes. You may think this is because it was her last week of school. But you would be wrong. She brought home her PE shoes declaring they were too small & she needed a new pair. With 1 day left of PE for the school year, my darling daughter wanted me to take her to the mall to buy a new pair of PE shoes. Not so much.
I am surprised she was ready to toss the old PE shoes. I figured she would have some sentimental attachment to the cute little black & hot pink shoes. For casual day pictures this year, Olivia couldn't decide on what toy to take as her prop. She hemmed & hawed all night before & that morning she still hadn't decided. Evidently all of her toys & her new pillow pets are too baby-ish for a 1st grader. I get it, she didn't want to take the wrong thing & be embarassed. So she ended up going empty handed. When I picked her up from school that day & asked how pictures went, she said "Good. But since I didn't take a toy I had to get my picture taken with my PE shoes." I assumed that she meant she had her PE shoes on for the picture, but I was wrong. When I got the proof sheet back, sure enough there she is posing all cute with her PE shoes propped against her leg. Gotta love her.
****
Yesterday when I picked Rachel up from daycare, there was a little note. This note informed me that she is going to be moved to the pre-school age room starting the 1st full week of June. Her teachers said she is ready & she will do great. I was a little surprised. Not that I am surprised that Rachel is doing well, but surprised that I am just now realizing she isn't a baby anymore. She is getting booted from the toddler room. She is a pre-school aged child now. Gone are the baby days.
Speaking of Rachel, she is coping so well & getting along great with her cast. It barely slows her down at all. She makes the cutest little face when you ask her how it feels. She always says "it's not feeling too good" but I don't think I believe her. She is usually in the middle of playing when I ask her & she takes a couple of moments to look as pitiful as she can. She knows how to work me.
Also, Rachel has started twirling her hair. It is probably the cutest thing she does. Takes her pointer fingers & just starts twirling away. And then when I ask her about it, she looks all offended. Here she is twirling it away. Too bad you can't see it too good.
I am surprised she was ready to toss the old PE shoes. I figured she would have some sentimental attachment to the cute little black & hot pink shoes. For casual day pictures this year, Olivia couldn't decide on what toy to take as her prop. She hemmed & hawed all night before & that morning she still hadn't decided. Evidently all of her toys & her new pillow pets are too baby-ish for a 1st grader. I get it, she didn't want to take the wrong thing & be embarassed. So she ended up going empty handed. When I picked her up from school that day & asked how pictures went, she said "Good. But since I didn't take a toy I had to get my picture taken with my PE shoes." I assumed that she meant she had her PE shoes on for the picture, but I was wrong. When I got the proof sheet back, sure enough there she is posing all cute with her PE shoes propped against her leg. Gotta love her.
****
Yesterday when I picked Rachel up from daycare, there was a little note. This note informed me that she is going to be moved to the pre-school age room starting the 1st full week of June. Her teachers said she is ready & she will do great. I was a little surprised. Not that I am surprised that Rachel is doing well, but surprised that I am just now realizing she isn't a baby anymore. She is getting booted from the toddler room. She is a pre-school aged child now. Gone are the baby days.
Speaking of Rachel, she is coping so well & getting along great with her cast. It barely slows her down at all. She makes the cutest little face when you ask her how it feels. She always says "it's not feeling too good" but I don't think I believe her. She is usually in the middle of playing when I ask her & she takes a couple of moments to look as pitiful as she can. She knows how to work me.
Also, Rachel has started twirling her hair. It is probably the cutest thing she does. Takes her pointer fingers & just starts twirling away. And then when I ask her about it, she looks all offended. Here she is twirling it away. Too bad you can't see it too good.
****
This was my view when I walked out of work Wednesday. There were no less than 20 geese walking very near to where I parked my car. I was scared. I had to wait for them to cross the road before I could drive. This last guy was a straggler. He was already limping & I felt sorry for him - so I spared his life.



No comments:
Post a Comment