Thursday, May 5, 2011

paralyzed with fear

I just had the most traumatizing experience ever at work. I was completely & totally paralyzed with fear.


For those of you that dont know, I am deathly afraid of birds. Especially geese, ducks, turkeys.


I parked my car illegally today in one of the end spots & thought I would just move it on my break. I went outside at precisely 10:00 to move it. There was a handicapped parking spot directly behind where I was parked illegally. I backed right into that spot. I was so proud of myself because I pretty much suck at parking. I was thinking, “Man I should have brought my phone because I would take a picture & send it to Jarrett to brag about my parking abilities today!”


I turned around still pretty proud of myself to face the ultimate danger! 2 geese right by the revolving door. I didnt know what to do. I was paralyzed with fear. I stood behind the concrete pillar in the rocks. Thinking if they didnt see me then they would just leave. I stood out there for 10 minutes waiting. They were not leaving.


The more gutsy one walked right into the revolving door. I prayed “Dear God dont let anyone badge out right now!” If that goose would have gotten in, I would have just got in my car & left. I am not kidding even a little.


I thought fast, I decided I was going to throw something at the geese or in their general direction to get them to leave. I was bending down to pick up a rock & saw an ink pen. I decided to start small. I threw the pen in their direction. One of the geese walked right away towards. The other hissed at me. I was so scared. I believe I let out a slight scream. Then he decided I wasnt worth his trouble so he started walking away.


Just then someone badged to come out. He jumped because the goose was only like 3 steps in front of him. That must have scared the goose away because he left too. I practically ran up to the guy & said “I have been waiting to get inside for so long!” in a completely panicked high pitched voice. He looked at me like I had 2 heads! Ha!


Luckily, as you can tell from reading this detailed post about my experience, I made it back in unharmed! But as I walked in there was a security guard standing in the entry way. I asked her in the same panicked voice “did you see those geese?” she said yes & laughed. I wonder if they were laughing at the live video feed of my panic!


Happy Thursday!


No comments: