I went back to work Monday - this was my decision. The Dr said he would go with whatever I wanted to do. I felt guilty that I had already missed over 3 weeks of work. I thought the more I got back into my routine, the better I would feel. I worked half days Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Each afternoon & evening I felt horrible. So, I called the Dr. The verdict, too much too soon. I need to be able to make it a full day without having to take a nap before I can get back into the swing of my regular routine. So, I was home yesterday & today.
I think even the half days are too much. At least half days consecutively are too much. I am going to talk to the Dr about what may work better. I'm thinking half days every other day. This way I will have a day to recover & rest. Then gradually build into full days every other day. And eventually, I will be back to full time. I wish I had the answer to one very simple question: when am I going to feel better? I have been told, everyone's recovery is different it can range from weeks to months. Awesome. So this week I went from back in the saddle to back on the couch. One thing is for sure, I am going to have to ease back into my routine. I feel like I have already come a long way. I am better than I was on March 10th when I was admitted to the hospital. I am better than I was on March 14th when I was discharged from the hospital. It's just going to take time. Maybe this is God's way of teaching me patience - since you know, that is something I most definitely lack. Slowly but surely, I am making my way down this long road.
For now, here is my new normal.
Don't be jealous of my daily pill case. You just wish you were as cool as me. Ha! (this is how I know I am slowly getting better, I have my sarcastic sassy wit back)

No comments:
Post a Comment