Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Olivia Says

For weeks & weeks, Olivia has been asking us if she can get her ears pierced. Jarrett has been set on no pierced ears until they are in junior high. Then I finally talked him into no pierced ears until they are 10.

Then it started...

Olivia says "the girls at school made fun of me because I'm the only one without my ears pierced."

Daddy says "What did they say about it?"

Olivia says "well, Autumn said 'Olivia doesn't have her ears pierced, but that's ok.' And that made me feel so sad." {uncontrollable sobbing}

Sooooo...I talked Daddy into giving us the go ahead to get her ears pierced. I was so excited to tell her! I thought this is going to be awesome! We will go to mall, & she will pick out cute little diamond studs. We will make it a "Mama & Livie Day of Fun". She is going to be so excited & I am going to be the Cool Mom! I could already hear her squealling & see her jumping up & down. I picked her up from Day-Care & couldn't wait until we got home to tell her the good news.

Her reaction was a little less enthusiastic than I invisioned.

Olivia: "um um um, can we wait until January?"

ME: "Uh sure, aren't you excited? I thought you wanted to get your ears pierced?"

Olivia: "Well, I guess, buuuuuuuuut Katie said they use a gun."

ME: "a little gun just for piercing ears, not a real gun. It will hurt just for a minute or two."

Olivia: "will it hurt bad enough for me to miss school the next day?"

ME: "No, you will be able to go to school for sure."

Olivia: "Well, I heard it doesn't hurt as bad when you are 7. So how about we do it next year. You know, just to be sure it doesn't hurt."

ME: "It's your choice. You asked if you could, so now I'm telling you that you can. The ball is in your court."

Olivia: "What ball, I thought you said they use a gun."

Soooo, no pierced ears yet...

*********************************************
In other 6 year-old/first grader news

"Taking a walk, dancing, or sleeping on railroad tracks is never going to be a good idea."

"Y is a consonant, but it acts like a vowel. Isn't that funny, Mom. See, FUNNY - it has a Y, but I bet you thought it was an E. Silly Y." {hysterical laughing on her part}

*********************************************

I love it when Olivia gets ahold of my camera or phone & starts taking pictures. I never stop her because I love to see what she comes up with. I forgot that while we were at the laundry mat that she was taking pictures with my phone. Here is what I found...

*I wish you could see their whole faces - it would have been great*





*********************************************
This oldest child of mine, she is pretty funny.


No comments: