Friday, June 11, 2010

this & that

I am home from work today, woot woot! 4 day weekend for me, I likey! Nothing in particular to post about. The girls & I are going to the spray park in town in a few minutes. That should be nice & crowded today, what with it being 90 degrees today.

Olivia is turning 6 on Monday, & she has been counting down for weeks now. I can't believe she is going to be 6, where did the time go? Her report card from school was very good. She is moving on to 1st Grade next year. I am so proud of her. She has joined the summer reading program at the library. I think this is fantastic!!! She loves to read & this will definitely do her good this summer. She is so independent now, she wants to do things by herself. She claims she doesn't need any direction from us anymore. She's a full-fledged kid now...I see no baby when I look at her. It's a little bittersweet to have your baby grow up.

Rachel is still Rachel. Definitely much different from Olivia. She is clingy & still wants to be a baby. We have not been successful with potty-training yet. She still has her nuk at bedtime & naptime. We are working on it. She is talking up a storm lately. She loves to sing in the car. And she is growing like a weed. Her eating has improved because she is not nearly as picky as she used to be. She enjoyed the fish fry Memorial Day Weekend...I guess she will be my date to Red Lobster from now on! Her personality is really starting to shine through. From what I can see, she likes to instigate trouble...she picks on her sister. And then when Olivia reacts, Rachel has to come tattle. She reminds me of....well, me!

*******************

Things I have heard Olivia say this week:
  • "Rachel, if you don't be quiet & let me get some sleep, I will have to be naughty in the morning. And then Mommy is gonna have to boss me around. And tell me to be nice & then it won't be a good start to the day" - let me add, both girls were laying in bed with me at around 4:00 am when this was said. I tried so hard not to laugh. She may have heard me say the whole good start to the day part before :)
  • "Mom, when you tell me the same thing over & over again it makes me crazy. I will have to go to my happy place to calm down."

  • while riding in the car..."Hey, Mom! That guy was right." uh what guy "you know, that guy" no babe, I don't know what guy. "You know, that guy. It is good because rain helps plants grow. You know 'Rain is a good thaaaaaang', that guy." ok, so that guy = Luke Bryan

*******************

My weight loss is going pretty good. So far I am down 9 pounds. Who would have thought that exercising would be the key to losing weight? I have been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. And I feel better. It still hurts, but it is getting better.

I better peace-out, Olivia is getting quite impatient about going to the park!

1 comment:

Jess said...

OMG this made me laugh out loud! That's so funny on what Olivia says :] Your girls are adorable and I love your posts!!