I have talked before about my battle vs. genetics. I am destined to have a full head of white hair. I have been fighting it off since high school. I color my hair at home, the white hairs are back within a couple of days now. I have a hair appointment scheduled for next Saturday. But because my roots are OUT OF CONTROL. I decided to take matters into my own hands.
I cut myself some bangs last night. My thought was, if I have bangs, maybe the roots & white hair in the front of my head will not be as noticeable.
However, at work today I'm experiencing several stares. A few "something is different today" & a lot of "you got your hair colored". Ummmm not so much. See pictures below as evidence by the inch of new growth and all the white hairs.
I bet I said "the only thing different is bangs" probably 20 times or more.
Also, I am very impatiently growing my hair out. I cannot stand this lovely in-between Carol Brady flip kind of thing it is starting to do. But I really do want to grow it out.
And I decided, the lighter I go, the less evident the whites are. I want to go blond. All over blond. Then hopefully just scrape by with half highlites once it starts to grow out. Who knows. It's only hair.

No comments:
Post a Comment