Saturday, September 18, 2010

YAY ME!!!

Let's take a look at this, shall we?!


What you are looking at, my friends, is 1 of the 2 new nightstands for my bedroom. They are pretty nice aren't they.

Oh yea...and I made these myself - without a man. Well, for the most part anyway. A nice young man at Lowes did some of the cuts for me, and my father-in-law did some more cuts for me.

"Holy Schnikes! Where do I start?!"


But the construction, that was all me. WOOT WOOT! I can't lie, the first one...whew! It took 2 hours. And I think the majority of that time was spent trying to actually start. The website I got the plans from said "start with the simple box". Well, the simple box wasn't so simple. I finally said "come on Grandpa, give me a sign - something to show me how to get this started." I took a deep breath & I got it done. I'm pretty proud of myself.




Not too shabby for my first attempt at woodworking. {pats self on back} I'm excited to finish these bad boys. I can't decide yet what color to paint them. I need to decide on new bedding first. So excited!


1 comment:

Holly said...

You go girl!!! I've been trying to work on a project myself but my husband has been home and keeps trying to do it for me. I told him I wanted to do it myself but it's really hard for him to just watch me doing it the hard way. I'm proud of you!