Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Well friends, I had this whole post going in my head about what I am thankful for. But it never got done. We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving. And I am incredibly blessed & it's nice to have a day to reflect on everything I am thankful for.

I spent the day enjoying my family. The family that I see every single day. The family that I haven't seen in almost 4 years. The family that annoys me. The family that I wish I could see more of. The family that is so incredibly loud that it would make an outsider's ears bleed. The best family, of course, because they are MY family.

I would like to point out I did, in fact, kick some butt on those cornbread muffins. Jar had one & said they were decent enough to send to school for children to eat. Olivia's class enjoyed them, or at least that is what she told me.


We loaded up the big ol' effin' dually truck & headed to our first of 3 Thanksgiving meals.


I was on full-feed all day long. It's fun when everythign on your plate is about the same color. The only vegetables I ate were either a) smothered in cheese - brocolli cheese caserole or b) coated in cream of mushroom soup & topped with fried onions - green bean caserole.

It was a fabulous day. Long & exhausting. And my pants fit a little more snug afterwards. But it was fantastic. 3 stops on Thanksgiving. We got home at 11:00. Not all of us ate at each & every stop, but I did. haha. That's probably why my pants are a little snug.

No comments: